lighting on 125

hoycetee

right now i have about 100w of 10,000k and 40w of actinic both fluorescents, wonding if it would work to house anemones for my clowns, or do i really need to upgrade to vho or mh first, but i do have 2-48" fluorescent fixture for another tank thats not in use where i could add more light with that i have 10,000k in it and its about 80w

monalisa

I'm not up on the lighting thing, but I just wanted to drop by and say...nice looking tank!!

Lisa :happyfish

fishieness

it is a nice looking tank. I love inwalls.
now, normal florecents are not enough to house an anenome or other high lighting corals. Even a bubletip, one of the most common, but only moderatly dependent on lighting, would be a good choice. You could do a bubletip with PCS, but youw ould need a lot of PCS for a tank taht size so it would cost a doozy. IMO, it owuld be worth it to just get metal halids of VHO if you are looking to house anenomes and other high lighting corals.

hoycetee

i've spent so much building and stocking the tank im stuck with the lights i have untell i save up, but i guess having a 120g and a 125g isn't easy on the money flow

blemmy_guy

Ive got a 125 and the lights i ended up with were around 950.00 shipping and all, there MH's with Actinics and moonlights but they were def. worth it. But you might be able to build your own since its in wall, and save a little money. Goodluck either way! Heres a pic i took, crappy pic, but i wanted you to see how the lights were. Todd