Lighting Question - Coralife

shawnhardy

This is also posted in the equipment forum...
Thinking of starting a reef tank in a 40 Breeder. Not 100% sure on lighting yet but was thinking the new coralife aqualight pro that has a 10,000K HQI, Actinic PCs and Lunar lights all in the same hood. I live in an apartment so hanging is not an option for me. I have heard some negative comments regarding Coralife products. What is the general opinion out there?

oceana

i have never had a porblem with them. been using them for a bit over a year now. i did take apart the all in one unit to use its insides for a retro fit but everything works great.
there lamps put out a nice color IMO as well

druluv

I like the coral life lighting products. I use 130watt dual over my fuge on a 24/7 schedule with no problems.

dble_g2k

I have the 36" model and I love it! my white sebae anenome hates the moonlights though! might have to replace him with something a little less light sensitive (he's such a gorgeous iceberg white though!)
Other than that, the growth I've experienced in the month I've had it is exceptional as well.
Pricey, but worth it IMO :)
-GG

cholland

I have the 48" 265watt over my 55 gal and have been very happy. I am limited to softies, but there is a wide selection to keep. I also have the 20" 96 watt over my refugium and it works great!