lighting question (halide)

marcs4020

:happyfish
I currently have the double delux pc fixture which houses 2 x 65 watt atinics,2 x 65 watt 10k, and 4 lunars and i got the itch to get halides. i came across a 250 watt pendant and ballast combo that i was thinking of adding to my current setup. The way that i have it set up is with the tank being covered with two glass canopies that I can;t remove b/c they need to be under the pc's. The question that i have is can i use the halide pendant if it isn;t over uncovered water. What effect will the glass canopies have and is it worth it to get the halide.
thanks a lot,
Marcus

ajp

Not sure if this is for your 30H or your 55 but I will try an offer some advice. If it is for the 30H I would run just the halide and remove the glass canopies and the PC's. With halides the glass is going to hold in a ton of heat, and may cause problems down the line.
If this is for the 55 I wouldn't add it until you get a second metal halide for the tank.
I say it is worth it to get halides. The color differance of your corals will amaze you, as will the speed at which they grow.