Lighting question

daveb

I recently added 2 - 250 watt Ushio 10,000k metal halides to my system. Previous to this I had 2 96 watt, 50/50 10,000 k and Actinic PC lights. The problem is, I don't like the way the tank looks now as much. When the metal halides are on, the tank has a more yellow-green look to it.. I replaced one of the 50/50 PC's with a full Actinic 03. When the lights first come on, the PC lights come on and the tank looks great. The colors all look wonderful, the tips of the star polyps are this beautiful florescent green, the red mushrooms are really red, the green zoos are reallllly green... you know what I mean?
Then the metal halides come on, and the colors are look sort of washed out, although better now with the full Actinic 03 PC instead of two 50/50 bulbs.
I really like the more colorful look that I get without the metal halides on.... so, one of you lighting experts please advise me... would I be better off adding another PC Actinic 03 and hope it overcomes the metal halides, or would it be better to go with a different type of metal halide bulb, like a 20,000k ?? Before I go spending the money I would like some opinions..
I am very happy with what the metal halides have done.. the growth in just a couple short weeks is obviously better. The coral open up so BIG!!!!! But the fact is, the tank looks absolutely gorgeous and best when the metal halides first go off, and the PC lighting is on with all the corals opened up as big as they can possibly be... the colors jump out like you can't believe... the purple coraline algea is awesome... I just love it, but I want it to look like that all the time...... AM I ASKING for tooo much????
Thanks, Dave