---- lighting question

mahagan

I was looking from some lighting for a new aquarium and I ran across abrand i have not used before and I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the brand.
It is the Jebo 36" high compact lighting. I have look on the internet with no luck on product reviews.
Any help would be great.
Thanks

thegrog

Not a bad fixture....not a great one...but not bad. From what I have heard they have improved lately and are an inexpensive option. The bulbs that come with their fixtures are sub-par though and I would change them out right off the bat for a good brand (corallife, etc)
Just be sure you get enough lighting for the creatures you are intending to keep.

squidd

Similar to picking the "fish" first and then the correct size tank to house it...
You should pick the reef inhabitants first..research "their" needs and then buy adaquate lighting to meet their needs...

mahagan

has anyone else used the jebo any lighting system. Im not looking for advice on picking fish, I have knowledge of that I have been keep a reef tank for 3 years, but Im looking for lighting for a new tank im setting up and I dont want to get a bad product if the fixture is crap.
Thank in advance.

squidd

I run Jebos... I have a set over my reef for actinic supplementation (with 250watt DE HQI MH) as well as a set over my fuge for Macro propragation...
On my aggressive I have a 4X55 set for secondary lighting and another set over fuge for macro propagation as well...
I "know" Jebos...They are "adaquate" for "some" things (with the proper selection of bulbs) and not so good for others..
Hence my question...What do you want them to do...?? IE: Whats in the tank...?