ok must not be cheap
But from what i understand must be WELL worth it.... Time to start saving

J

jtrheaume

Originally Posted by lion_crazz
metal halide

Well i was close

lion_crazz

I wouldn't take back the lights yet. I would try your hands at the easier corals before you invest in a highly expensive light fixture such as halides (unless you will get a full refund on the dual USA).
Plus, halides will affect your tank temp, making your tank very hot and you may need to purchase a chiller to keep your tank cool.
I would stay put with the dual USA's and try corals before you take the full dive.

cobras68

i wont get a refund i dont think will i be able to keep a decent amount of things? i mean are there a decent amount of easy corals i can keep?

J

jtrheaume

I thank you for you wisdom... i am in the market for lighting and this helps alot...

lion_crazz

Originally Posted by cobras68
will i be able to keep a decent amount of things? i mean are there a decent amount of easy corals i can keep?
yes. Lots of nice stuff. You will just have to search a little harder and be a little more picky b/c you will not be able to keep everything and anything. But there is a ton of nice stuff. Even simple stuff like zooanthids and mushrooms can be beautiful if you pick the right species. There are tank pics on this website that have stunning colonies of zooanthids and mushrooms (both soft corals).

cobras68

ok thank you i wanna buy a 125 gallon if this one goes good maybe ill get the metal halides for that one.

lion_crazz

Originally Posted by cobras68
ok thank you i wanna buy a 125 gallon if this one goes good maybe ill get the metal halides for that one.
perfect. If you have any more questions, feel free to post em!