lighting question

kingspade

would 3x150 watt HQI with 4 96 Watt actinics be enough lighting for a 125 gallon. i am wanting to be able to keep all types of coral including SPS

kingspade

i was looking at the 3 250's but the price is WOW!!! i want the coralife aqualight pro, they are 1500 bux for 250 and 890 for 150, i cant swing 1500, so i am hoping the 150's will be able to do, but i want to see how the responses go on the thread before i buy anything

kennymohr

Im guessin that you kept the 125, you posted to sell, last week? If so, Im happy to see ya stuck with it ! :thinking:

kingspade

Originally Posted by hckycoz
Where did you come up with that price?
all fixtures are between 1200-1500 for 3x250 watt i AM NOT going retro or DIY so please do not try and link me to retros.
Kennymohr- I am sticking with a 125 not the one posted for sale though, im getting a reef ready one

acrylic51

What's wrong with retros??? All you do is mount them into your existing canopy.......
And besides DIY you can go to someplace like Hellolights, Sunlight Supply and get your ballasts PFO, and reflectors and sockets and mount them up again to your canopy, and your done....Isn't complicated by any means.....If your looking for ease of installation or just plug and play and the expense is killing you.....
Sometimes you have to go DIY or retro to afford what you need....