Lighting question

jintz

I plan on getting power compact retrofit lighting for my 125 gallon tank. The dimensions of the tank are 60 x 18 x 24. I plan on fish with live rock and a bubble coral...inverts also. The bubble coral will be the only coral I will get. Ive seen power compacts with white bulbs and light purplish fluorescent bulbs. What are the purpose of both bulbs?
Here are the specs for the lighting :
18" Aqualight™ Retrofit - 1 96 Watt 4-Tube (quad) 50/50™ Compact fluorescent Lamp Square Pin Base
24" Aqualight™ Retrofit - 1-65 watt True Actinic 03 and 1-65 watt 10,000K™ Daylight Compact Fluorescent Lamps Straight Pin Base
36" Aqualight™ Retrofit - 1-96 watt True Actinic 03 and 1-96 watt 10,000K™ Daylight Compact Fluorescent Lamps Square Pin Base
48" Aqualight™ Retrofit - 2-65 watt Actinic and 2-65 watt 10,000K™ Daylight Compact Fluorescent Lamps Straight Pin Base
72" Aqualight™ Retrofit - 2-96 watt True Actinic 03 and 2-96 watt 10,000K™ Daylight Compact Fluorescent Lamps Square Pin Base

scsinet

Generally when any light source of under about 12000K is used, it appears yellow in the tank, so people supplement with Actinic, which is a very blue light. It causes the corals to fluoresce (glow) and it evens out the appearance of the lighting.

jintz

Im also trying to figure out which would be the proper size/wattage for my particular tank. Something that would be beneficial for the inverts and the bubble coral as well.