Lighting question

ninny

I am going to be setting up an aggressive fish only tank after the first of the year. It is going to be a 100 gallon tank. The question is what type of lighting do I really want. I have a 135 Reef w/fish tank on it I have metal halide and VHO. In the fish only tank I plan on having live rock but will not put in any coral so I was wonder what type of lighting I should go with. Don't really want more lighting then I need but also don't want to under light it.

flower

Only YOU can say what you really want.. As for the fish they don't care, with no corals fish lights are cheap and easy..

kylev

I'd say T5's as well just because with all the bulb selections you can make the lighting look however you want, but IMO I would go with at least a 4x54 so you can have 2 actinic bulbs and 2 others of your choosing, plus with the additional bulbs you'll have more options to play around with combinations to make it look just how you want

ninny

The T5's that I am getting you can link on another set of lights, that was one thing that attracted me to the ones I chose. I will more than likely add more lights but since I am starting up this tank and having to buy all new equipment I will add them in the future.