lighting schedule question

marcs4020

I just purchased the 260 watt coralife double delux pc hood. It consists of 2 65 watt 10,000k bulbs, 2 65 watt true atinic bulbs, and 4 lunar lights. This is my first 24 hour lighting system and was wondering what schedule I should use for this combantion. all these types of lights are individually switched on and have independent cords. Any info would be great.
Thanks,
marc

wax32

Bring the actinics on 1-2 hours before the 10k's, keep both sets on 8-10 hours, turn off 10k's leaving actinics on for 1-2 hours for a total of 12 hours. Set the lunars to come on when the actinics turn off for the night and turn off when the actinics come on in the morning.
For example: 8am - actinics come on (lunars turn off)
10am 10k's turn on
6pm 10k's turn off
8pm actinics turn off (lunars come on)
if you want the 10k's on longer for more full daylight viewing you could change the above times to 8a,9a,7p,8p

nm reef

Yup....pretty much what was suggested above...the idea is to sort of simulate dusk to dawn ... and in your case moonlight ... most hobbyists try to maintain a regular 10-12 hr daylight period. Will you be using timers to rotate your lighting? Much easier to maintain a regular cycle with timers.