Lighting schedule

vdub99aml

So, I scored a 36" Coralife Aqualight off craigslist for $50. The light works fine, and I have some mounting legs on order for it (I made a temporary set of legs for the time being). I am having trouble finding a good lighting schedule though. Right now, I have the actinic bulb coming on at around 2pm, the 10,000k bulb comes on around 4. The 10,000k bulb turns off at about 10:30, then the actinic bulb turns off around 12:30. The moon lights come on at 12:20 (to be sure there is no gap in lighting with a completely dark tank) and turn off at about 12pm because there is some light coming in from outside. The tank is not in sunlight as I have blinds in the room keeping most of the light out. Does this sound like a good schedule, or do I need to adust it a bit? Thanks in advance for any help.

tank a holic

sounds good, the best time to bring your lunars on is when you usually go to bed so its different for people
i do 12hr lunars, 2hr actinics, 8hr halides with act's, 2 more hrs act's then back to lunar

mrdc

Originally Posted by tank a holic
http:///forum/post/3287283
sounds good, the best time to bring your lunars on is when you usually go to bed so its different for people
i do 12hr lunars, 2hr actinics, 8hr halides with act's, 2 more hrs act's then back to lunar
That is almost my exact schdule except my acts are on for 1 hour.

spanko

Actinics on for 1 hour.
Daylights and actinics on for 7 hours.
Actinics on for 2 hours.
Moonlights on for 14 hours.

vdub99aml

Thanks for the responses! Sounds like I am on the right track, but I will do some adjusting to match more of what you guys are doing. I am amazed at how fast my coraline algae is growing already! I want to replace the bulbs before I get any corals though. That will come in the near future when the funds are more readily available.