Lighting setup - $500 budget.

dstoneburg

I want to get the best lighting setup I can with night lights. I have a $500 budget, give or take $50 or so for shipping. I would like the plug and play models, and something where I could keep as much of everything as possible. As in, if $500 can only get me a good enough lighting setup to run mushrooms and some other low light things then so be it. But if it can get me a nice lighting setup so I can do everything that would be amazing! Lemme know what you think or suggest! Thanks!
I mean what could I NOT keep with a tek 6x54w?

dstoneburg

Very sorry, kind of an important part missing. Its an 80g bowfront. Looking at this..
T-5 Tek Light 48in-54watt 6 lamps Black. What would I be limited from growing?

nycbob

6x54w t5 is sufficient for ur 80. i am assuming ur tank is 24 inches deep? i dont see a problem w this fixture. i hv 8x54w t5 in my 72 and my tank is 24 inches in depth. i hv sps and all.

dragonzim

You should be able to keep anything you want on that size tank with the Tek 6x54 fixture. I have one on my 75 and I love it.

grumpygils

Originally Posted by dstoneburg
I want to get the best lighting setup I can with night lights. I have a $500 budget, give or take $50 or so for shipping. I would like the plug and play models, and something where I could keep as much of everything as possible. As in, if $500 can only get me a good enough lighting setup to run mushrooms and some other low light things then so be it. But if it can get me a nice lighting setup so I can do everything that would be amazing! Lemme know what you think or suggest! Thanks!
I mean what could I NOT keep with a tek 6x54w?
Mike