Lighting update time....need options

sbaumann14

currently have a 180 deep w/40 gal sump and 30 gal refugeium. tank is 60in long, by 24in wide by 29in deep. i currently have an all in one hood type lighting system that has 3 250 watt 20k DE MH and 192 watts of pc actinics (yeah, i like a blue tank). question is this: should i keep the 250's and just upgrade the reflectors to like Luminarcs and add suplimental actinics? or should i just go with 2 400watt mogul bulbs w/Luminarcs and suplimental actinics?

coralreefer

you should stay with 3 250 watt metal halides and upgrade your actinic bulbs to T5 ones with either homemade reflectors or high quality ones like icecap

sbaumann14

what i really wanted to know is would the luminarcs give me better light "spread" than the hood i have them in? it just seems that i dont light up the corners as well as i think i should

b00st3d

I have a 6ft 29" deep tank and I run 250s with lumuen max pendants... They make a night and day difference in light spread. I can run 2 of these pendants and it looks as good if not better than 3 spider reflectors. With 3 there is no comparison. I did change from moguls to HQI.

sbaumann14

Originally Posted by b00st3d
http:///forum/post/2975787
I have a 6ft 29" deep tank and I run 250s with lumuen max pendants... They make a night and day difference in light spread. I can run 2 of these pendants and it looks as good if not better than 3 spider reflectors. With 3 there is no comparison. I did change from moguls to HQI.
did the lumuen max's come with uv glass? or do i have to order seperately? (for the 250 DE bulbs)