lighting upgrade question

nurjrk

I have a 26g bow front with 110w PC. Was thinking of making a hood and upgrading to a 150w VHO. I think my question is, is 40w worth the $$ to change my lights? I was also thinking of trying to squeeze in my pc's with the VHO under the same hood and use them for actinic and the VHO for white.
current corals:
green brain
false coral
pulsating xenia
leather (not sure what kind)
blue mushroom
colt coral
fish:
clown and 6-line
What do you guys think? Any feedback would be appreciated.

what are the dimensions of your tank. The smallest VHO are 24" and are 75w a piece (that I am aware of) and yes it would be worth the upgrade. VHO are better than PC IMO.

nurjrk

Thanks guys, been doing some searching, how does a 24in. 3x75w VHO retro with URI 10,000K x 2 and URI SuperActinic x 1 sound? Or should they be different? That would be 225w over a 26g bow. It is from HelloLights with and electric ARO model 4L ballast, for about $218.00 How does that sound? Let me know your thoughts or any other ideas.
Thanks,
Jeff

nurjrk

Yes, they also had URI 50/50. So the VHO URI 10,000K x 2 and the URI SuperActinic sounds good for around $218? I want to order soon and get them so I can make a hood at Christmas when I go home.
Thanks,
Jeff

Personally, I would go with one of each bulb. One aquasun, one 50/50, and one super actinic . . . . sounds like a great set up though!

cliffrouse11bas

I have always liked the way tanks look with vhos I have never had any because my tank is too small. I say go with the vho's. I see that tank is only 24 in long the bulbs are 24 in long also it might be a tight fit. Good Luck

overanalyzer

I have 2 URI 50/50s and I wish I would have gone with 1 50/50 and 1 Actnic .... I would do one of each if I were you and doing three.... also - if your tank is 24" long you are going to be jamming those suckers in to your canopy!