lighting

dmoore504

24" SunPaq Retrofit 2 x 65 watt
65 watts $108.99
130 watts : ok is this enough light 4 a anemone. ps i have a 20 gal.

squizz

well of course it depends on what type you are planning to keep but it works out to 6.5 watts per gal so i would say your good for most.

viper_930

Keep in mind, the watts per gallon formula isn't an accurate way to measure how much light you need. There's much more to light intensity than just the amount of watts and the tank volume.
IMO a 20 gallon is too small for any of the hosting species of anemones. Anemones need extremely stable water conditions to thrive, and that's hard to achieve in smaller tanks. And to answer your question, IME 130 watts would not be enough to support any hosting anemones. You can, however, keep smaller anemones like tulips and mini-carpets (Stichodactyla tapetum).

viper_930

You can keep soft corals like mushrooms, zoos, leathers and xenia, and also LPS corals like hammers, bubbles, brains, and frogspawn. Stay away from any SPS corals though.

dmoore504

Lps&sps? and what about stars i want 1 really bad, i havea 20 gal and by the end of the year ill setup my 100 gal.

crashedin0

wut da heck sps, lps ok i kno hard and soft
and not to keep soft and hard together or the soft will whoop some ass

bchdfldian

I have a 46g with a 20g refug (15g of water)
We have 60w regular strip lights (1 blue coralight 1 regular flourescent) we have a T-5 setup with two tubes (1 blue strip 1 ultra daylight) with about 79w in that setup. That sound okay for anemone in our tank?

viper_930

Originally Posted by bchdFLdian
I have a 46g with a 20g refug (15g of water)
We have 60w regular strip lights (1 blue coralight 1 regular flourescent) we have a T-5 setup with two tubes (1 blue strip 1 ultra daylight) with about 79w in that setup. That sound okay for anemone in our tank?
Definitely not.