lighting?

saltydog2

Upgrading my lighting from a 55 gal. freshwater to salt. looking - power compacts. just need to know if a 216 watt compact has enough power to sustain most corals. Thank You! the new guy.

stanlalee

its acceptable for most soft corals such as mushrooms, zoo's, star polyps, leathers (some with higher light preferences will need to be placed accordingly). Its on the low end for keeping large polyp stony (LPS) and they may have to be positioned mid to high in the tank as well and its not enough for small polyp stony. what lighting in particular are you looking at (how many bulbs and wattage per bulb)? Most common pc light fixtures are 260 watts (4-65 watt bulbs)

saltydog2

I am looking at a nova t-5 w/lunar lights it has 4 bulbs they are 54 watts each. I am also looking at a coralife w/lunar lights the latter is 260 watts. This is my first attempt at a reef system. So I'm trying not to over do it. I also don't want to buy something that is to weak. Hope this makes sense. thank you for your input and advice!!

ddress007

Got a Jebo 265w w/moon. Works and looks good for my 55G. However the fans are not any count. With your aquascape you can place the coral higher to the top for accomidating certain coral. Overall, PC working fine for me.