Lighting ????????????

sfe

Originally Posted by pchromis
That's is very similar to what I have. Like SFE said, could be a dead spot.
Yeah I am not really sure what that is. I would guess a dead spot but it looks like you have some type of coral or anemone growing there so I guess not.

dexter

Picture is of my BTA healing after intake accident, however the Red area that I have circled is what I was refrencing. It was about 1/2 inch under top of sand bed and was in a couple different spots around tank. :notsure:
Dxtr

sfe

Originally Posted by Dexter
Picture is of my BTA healing after intake accident, however the Red area that I have circled is what I was refrencing. It was about 1/2 inch under top of sand bed and was in a couple different spots around tank. :notsure:
Dxtr
I am not sure what that is. I have seen these spots before but I thought red slime algae occured on the sandbed and on the glass not in the sandbed. Try getting more movement in your tank and also get some nassarrius snails.
Good luck

pchromis

Ok, seems like problem solved. Yesterday I pointed one PH to the area with the red stuff on the sand bed. Today, the red is gone.
Seems like it was a dead spot.
Thans again for thehelp!

sfe

Originally Posted by pchromis
Ok, seems like problem solved. Yesterday I pointed one PH to the area with the red stuff on the sand bed. Today, the red is gone.
Seems like it was a dead spot.
Thans again for thehelp!
Just what I thought

pchromis

I spoke to soon!
Once the light was on for a bit, the red stuff slowly re-appeared. So while I was doing the water change, I stirred up the sand bed area with the red stuff and siphoned it out. It was not slimey at all, but more of a powdery substance.

O

oreo12

same stuff. I used some red slime remover in the past and got read of it when I had it bad.

harris28

I have had the red algae before. It was identified as cayno algae. I read up on it and it is a problem with low waterflow. I think your on the right track with the PH towards the sand. If you can try and get it out by hand. I heard that stuff will stay unless you scrap it out. That's what I did and got a PH and it is all gone.