lighting?

gruman28

I have been reading all about lighting and I know the best kind of lighting, but I cannot afford it. I currently have a 75g fish only tank with three 48 inch NO bulbs. 2 10k, 1 atintic. It is time for me to replace the bulbs. Would a pc 2 bulb system be better than what I have? I also found some 2 bulb T5 systems with good prices. I guess my question is should I buy bulbs or a new system?
I do have 1 anenome in there. (I know it should have more light, but he was given to me and has been doing great for the last year).
Thanks for any help

reefer545

You would be better to get more like fouor or six bulbs of flouresants or bit the bullet and get the MH. You could easily run two pendants over that tank, and it would be great, plus it will look cooler. Dont get any 2 bulb system, as you will not have enough light penetration for the depth and length of your tank. It takes a lot more light than one might think if you want to run a HIGH light tank , which an anemone would require. I suggest reading AQUARIUM CORALS BY ERIC BORNEMAN, THE CONSCIENTIOUS MARINE AQUARIST OR NATURAL MARINE AQUARIUMS BY HULLOCK. Anything by Fenner is reliable, adn though none of them give you EXACT amounts of light to offer, they will offer equations to figure out what you need, and the prodding to do the BEST actionable purchase.

reefraff

a 6 lamp Tek T5 or Aquactinics 5 lamp T5 would allow you to keep about anything you want. The cheap T5's (Nova, Catalina etc.) would allow you to keep softies and moderate light LPS. You really want 6 lamps over that tank
Unless you are looking at the VHO T6 they are not as intense as T5's. They would allow you to keep most softies and maybe LPS up on the rocks.