LIghting

justinngpt

I have a 135g FOWL tank right now and im trying to make a push into making it a reef tank. I want to get the most light possible without spening an arm and a leg. I would rather not have MH but if i need to get one then thats what ill have to do. So what my question is...... What type of lighting should i go with? I found this and i was thinking of getting two so that i would have 4 bulbs, but again im not to sure when it comes to lighting. Or should i get this with 2 250MH? This is very confusing and i dont want to buy somehitng thats not gonna support the coral that i want to put in my tank. I really only want some mushrooms and soft corals.
http://www.fishnreef.com/Lighting/Fluorescent/VHO/T5/IceCap-VHO-Retro/IceCap-2-bulb-x-72in-VHO-Retro-Kit/prod_1003.html

pauloesco

you would be better off with some t5s than vhos.MHs arent needed for softies. two tubes arent enough tho, get 4 tubes, and a couple retro ballastgs arent too expensive especially if u order thru a regular electric supply. each ballast for 2 tubes ran me abt 30 bucks.

justinngpt

Thats the answer that i was looking for thanks. I didnt want to spend any extra money on unnecassary lighting.