Lights are so Confusing!

casey

I am wanting to get a Metal Halide Setup, new hood and bulbs. Anyways, If I have a 75 gal tank that is 18 inches deep and 48 inches long. Should I go with 2 175 MH and 40 watt florescent or 2 175 and 110 watt florescent. I want to have a lot of corals and clams but is there such a thing as too much lught. I already have mushrooms and feather dusters in my tank, will they die with the light. Thanks:confused:

If heat is not a problem, I would use 250 watters instead of 175. The bulb choice is much better in 250 wattage...I would also use VHO...

slick

If I was you I would go with 2 175w MH's and some VHO's but thats just me. When you say 110w of florescent do you mean 2 55w pc's or what?

casey

I don't know I was looking on the internet its says 2 175 MH and 2 110 watts. What is a good price range on these lights including the canopy(Metal Halide):eek:

casey

Where would I find one of these DIY projects. Also I am 16 years old will this be hard for me. I am handy with some tools and my dad knows some more than me. Are they hard to set up and work?

slick

Try doing a search in the DIY and equipment fourm for lighting. I think between your dad and yourself you could figure it out. Don't forget you get the help of people here.