Lights for 10g setup

j man 228

What lights are good and afordable for a 10g FOWLR, and maybe some corals after? What is everything I'd need? Where can I get it? Tank you!
P.S If anyone know if I need a powerhead if so which?

stupid_naso

Well yes ten gallon does need to have a power head. I cannot recommend any specific one, but people seem to like rio. I used prolife, got it at *****. Don't ask why.
The lighting I have, is one PC 18W JBJ system for $45. And added canopy that I bought originally from *****, again don't ask. I just changed the bulb to CORALIFE 50/50 15W for about $20. The total of 33W, and $65.
I keep corals, and you can refer to the list down below. If you only want to keep FOWLR or FO, then you don't need that much light. If you want corals then you gotta do something with the light.
Before you buy anything, any light or some sort, consult with people here. Don't just trust your LFS. I did, and it wasn't good.
Hope that helps...
stupid_naso

jim27

Its not DIY, I just called up my lfs and asked if they had any hoods that fit over a 10g that will hold 2x36watt bulbs. <a href="http://ss3pic.homestead.com/files/reeflight2.jpg" target="_blank">Here's a pic.</a>

tankstolove

Good price, go with the pc's for this set up you will not be disappointed. I would take the previous gentlemans offer.