lights for 46 gallon bow front

jdog5578

I am new to the hobby. The current light I have is a regular 50/50 36" strip light.
I would like to get a new lighting system (so i can add a carpet anenome) and was thinking about a compact florescent with 192 watts.
Will this be sufficient?
What brand do you prefer?

scsinet

Honestly, I'd aim for more light than that... maybe 300 watts or so. You are new to the hobby, and carpet anemones are not easy animals to keep alive, so pushing your luck with minimal lighting is not going to give you your best chance of success.

jdog5578

I really dont wanna spend more than $200. Is there any other good options in that price range? Also are there any easier Anenome's that my percula clown wouls enjoy?
Considering the compact florescent, does it matter if you get a cheap one like the Jebo? Thay are going for around $100 shipped on

[hr]

fgcu14

I have the same tank as you and I just ordered an Odysea 192watt PC. I should get it tomorrow. I'll let you know how it works out.

jdog5578

Originally Posted by fgcu14
I have the same tank as you and I just ordered an Odysea 192watt PC. I should get it tomorrow. I'll let you know how it works out.

oh cool, thanks alot.

zanoshanox

you could probably get a mh jebo/odyssea system for around 250...or at least thats what they were going for when i was checking them out a while back

jdog5578

Originally Posted by zanoshanox
you could probably get a mh jebo/odyssea system for around 250...or at least thats what they were going for when i was checking them out a while back
you can get one on ---- for like $100, oh wait thats CF
How much diff.does the MH make?