Lights got here on time!

wocka

hey guys, just got my new lights :). there soo awesome and i love the moonlights so much. there the best

wocka

bubble tip anemone/hammer/frogspawn. im positive they will survive. i know some one with a 30g with same lighting and they have a BTA and frogspawn

wocka

maybe they just got in :D.. i turned on my moonlight and im seeing these little worm list creechers. they do a little shake fuzz thing to get around. and there coming out when the moonlight it on. what are they? they look exactly like this

7eleven

Good luck Wocka, I have a 30 gallon with about a 3 gallon HoB fuge and a Saline solution skimmer. I have 2x65 watt PC lighting and a green BTA. He has been in the tank for 6 weeks and is doing just fine - feed him about twice a week. Usually a couple of days before a water change so I can change the water after he takes a dump :)

wocka

haha nice. do u think i can have succes? im really looking forward to getting this BTA. i hope i get a nice coloration ( maybe green if there available. ) im not sure what else i would get.. probly a hammer frag
Edit : where did u get ur HOB fuge? im looking for a hang on fuge, but im not sure if i have enough room. my HOB penguin filter takes up about 6-8". tank is 24" long.

7eleven

I dont see why you couldnt have success. As I understand it is hit and miss with our lighting setup. But it seems more and more people are popping up with the same setup, and are doing just fine.
:jumping:
My fuge was second hand, I bought it locally and it was a homemade job. pretty much a copy of the CPR HoB though. I think they come in about 3 different sizes. you will need about 5 inches from the back of the tank to the wall for it to fit.
I dont think length will be a problem I have at least 8 inches to spare.
Try a search for "CPR Aquafuge"

viper_930

Sometimes there is a great deal on those aquafuges on ---- or a used one here or on a nother forum. I've been looking for one but they get taken so quickley! :mad:

smickied

I have 2x65w on my 28gal that i'm not happy with. My green BTA has bleached out and the hard corals slowly starter to peter away as well...so I am replacing them with a 250w x 2x75w ($250 on ----)

golfish

Originally posted by wocka
bubble tip anemone/hammer/frogspawn. im positive they will survive. i know some one with a 30g with same lighting and they have a BTA and frogspawn

I'm not expert at all with anemones...I had one for a few days way back when. I wonder, when the BTA moves around and gets close enough where it can sting or get stung but another coral like a frogspawn and hammer, which one wins?