Lights Out!!! How long can you go without light?

stimpy4242

I need to send my lighting system for repair. The only back up light I have is a coralife 130 watt 50/50 light that is below my tank in the sump. I would move that light to the top with fresh bulbs, but will all the corals make it with just that and natural light?
Anyone in the baltimore area that has spare metal halides or any backup lighting they want to rent? I imagine the light will be gone for 14 days at most. They said a week turnaround time.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpy4242 http:///forum/thread/384794/lights-out-how-long-can-you-go-without-light#post_3372276
I need to send my lighting system for repair. The only back up light I have is a coralife 130 watt 50/50 light that is below my tank in the sump. I would move that light to the top with fresh bulbs, but will all the corals make it with just that and natural light?
Anyone in the baltimore area that has spare metal halides or any backup lighting they want to rent? I imagine the light will be gone for 14 days at most. They said a week turnaround time.

If your corals are used to MH...14 days is way too long to stay in the dark. If you move all your corals to the very top the coralife may work to at least keep them alive, light starved corals take a while to melt away.....but not an anemone I don't think, if you have an anemone you might need to have it go to a LFS to not have it die..