lights vho vs pc

Hey guys,
I went with the T5's over the vho's and am very impressed. I bought the 4 bulb kit on line with the workhose 7 ballast. If you do go the t5 route I highly reccommend getting the parabolic reflector instead of the standard. (swapped at no charge from where I bought it from.) I by no means know what I am talking about when it comes to PAR and LUX, but all I can say is that I was using my friends 260watt pc set up and these made a huge differrence!!!! Not too sure if it was becasue of the light or not but I had an explosion of algea the day or two after the lights were installed. Don't let these thin little bulbs fool you!!!!!!
(The web sight has been mentioned by timeedwards and broncofish several times)

broncofish

Originally posted by C-17 jet mech
(The web sight has been mentioned by timeedwards and broncofish several times)

Sure expose me and the brit:D :D I think there have been a couple of threads where him and I discussed where I got T-5 bulbs in the states.

overanalyzer

OK it took some time - I am posting a pic of my 24" VHO - 150 watts - these are both 50/50's - love the light out put ....

overanalyzer

And here is how I mounted the ballast remotely - it is almost totally exposed to air because it is mounted up on two little blocks - never gets too hot to touch ....