lights?

jessica47421

i have found 48" solar t5 lighting system with 4x54 with moon lights, they are asking 175.00 shipped. is this a good deal? also would i be able to keep most corals under these? they are made by catalina aquariums,

dragonzim

In order for T5's to be truly effective and let you keep what you want they should have individual reflectors for each bulb. I am not familiar with that brand though. Does it have individual reflectors?

wangotango

Catalina is not one of the highest quality brands out there. You could probably find a TEK retrofit for that price.
-Justin

ricky1066

Oh the drama I have sen lights rabge from $200 - $800 who ever thought for just a light for some fish?
I am also looking fora light for my 75 gallon just fish ?

howardj

retrofit - Do It Yourself. You get all of the components, but you put it together yourself.
Most of them don't come w/ a cover like if you were to buy an already manufactured light.

m0nk

Check out the 48" SunDial T5HO 4x54watt system. The Sundial fixtures have integrated timers and individually contoured reflectors (not exactly individual, but they're contoured around each bulb) and it's only $289.95 at the sites I've found it. I have the 30" fixture on my 20L and it's great. The only other inexpensive T5 system I've seen is the Nova Extreme, but they don't have individual or individually contoured reflectors in that. The Pro version does, but it costs $349.95 for the 48" fixture.

jessica47421

i found marineland t5 216watt for 199.99? is that a better light?
also i have 384watt compact on now. if i go with these t5 will that be better light?

wangotango

Originally Posted by jessica47421
http:///forum/post/2456990
can someone give me a list of the ones that have the ind reflectors
ATI, Aquactinics, TEK, Icecap (retrofits), Nova Pro & Sundial. The last two are probably the only ones in your price range. A 48" two-bulb TEK retro runs about $120, but you'd need two of them.
-Justin