like to know more about this star...

reefer545

Fromia is a great family of stars for the reef of the ones that are offered.
Reef Safe.
Easily spot fed.
*very touchy about being picked up- you are best to try not to pick it up ever.
It wont hurt any corals, but it POSSIBLY may go after a snail or hermit crab - but usually to no avail.
*CONSISTANTLY STABLE PRISTINE CONDITIONS.
*3+ HOURS OF ACCLIMATION.
*IF YOU CAN FIND ONE THAT DOES NOT NEED TO BE SHIPPED, IT IS BEST AS TRANSIT IS OFTEN THE CAUSE OF DISEASE IN THESE STARS - USUALLY DUE TO DEMINISHING WATER QUALITY. OFTEN THEY ARRIVE WITH OR VERY QUICKLY DEVELOP WHITE DETERIORATING SPOTS ON THE ARMS THAT FAIRLY RAPIDLY SPREADS AND LEADS TO DEATH. THIS CAN BE CUT OFF, BUT DO I REALLY NEED TO EXPLAIN THE RISKS OF THAT CONSIDERING THE ALREADY LESS THAN OPTIMAL HEALTH OF SAID SPECIMEN.
Beautiful stars though, and well worth the time and effort.

alix2.0

thanks for the info!
anyone have any experience with this particular star? im thinking i may get one in the future...

ophiura

It is probably Fromia milleporella, often quite small. Don't let the small size fool you, this is one of the more difficult genera of seastars to keep long term. They need, IMO, at least 100lbs of LR, ideally in 100g or larger tank. Surface area is critical for feeding. Parameters, as mentioned, should pristine and acclimation is critical.
They in general CAN NOT be spot fed IME...I would never rely on that. Like their close cousins, Linckia, most will die in a month of acclimation shock (the majority I see at local LFS are dying) or in a year of starvation in smaller tanks. The exposure to air or handling is more of a myth, to explain their poor survival rate due to acclimation problems and issues with adapting to synthetic salt mixes.