Lil Help Please!!!

Today I purchased a brain coral that was receeding, not very bad, but doing so none the less. The LFS had told me that it COULD repair itself in my tank. I have never been steared wrong by the LFS and they aren't trying to just sell me things. Any questions I have, they explain with great detail and have actually stopped me from buying things that my tank wouldn't be able to handle. I am asking this question because the person I spoke to today didn't seem as knowledgable as the others and I was just wanting some opinions on weather or not my coral could thrive. This is my first reef tank and I am loving it. My other coral is doing very well. All of my water parameters are great; amonia-0, nitrites-0, ph-7.9, etc. Any input would be awsome. Thanks in advance.

1journeyman

Please do not post the same thing multiple times...
Welcome to the forums.
Damaged corals may or may not repair themselves. It depends on their current health, what damaged them, etc.
In general, its never a good idea to purchase an injured or ill specimen.

Today I purchased a brain coral that was receeding, not very bad, but doing so none the less. The LFS had told me that it COULD repair itself in my tank. I have never been steared wrong by the LFS and they aren't trying to just sell me things. Any questions I have, they explain with great detail and have actually stopped me from buying things that my tank wouldn't be able to handle. I am asking this question because the person I spoke to today didn't seem as knowledgable as the others and I was just wanting some opinions on weather or not my coral could thrive. This is my first reef tank and I am loving it. My other coral is doing very well. All of my water parameters are great; amonia-0, nitrites-0, ph-7.9, etc. Any input would be awsome. Thanks in advance.

symon

Originally Posted by spacepolice05
what kind of lighting do you have, I belive the brain coral needs some fairly intense lighting! I don't know much about them but i have seen other similar corals rebuild themselves , Good Luck!

Originally Posted by Symon
what kind of lighting do you have, I belive the brain coral needs some fairly intense lighting! I don't know much about them but i have seen other similar corals rebuild themselves , Good Luck!

Honestly, I'm not sure the intensity. It is a Lunar Aqualight Dual Compact light. It has compact fluorescent lamps and lunar blue-moon-glow LED lights. The LFS said that it would be ideal for a 29 gallon reef tank. I figured since it was expensive and my buddy at work had one (but only bigger) for his 55 gallon tank, it would be good. I know that sounds like a newbie answer, but I am what I am. Maybe someone can tell me how or where to find the intensity. I appreciate the help. If it means anything, I have some zoos, colt coral, and a leather mushroom that are doing awsome with the lighting.