limp hammerhead coral?

i just purchased several corals. flower pot, hammerhead and one other. the others have opened up and stretched out, but the hammerhead just hangs there limply, in a downward fashion. they've been in the tank for about 9 hours. will the hammerhead perk up soon? tank perameters are ph 8.4, ammonia 0, nitrates 0, nitrites 0, calcium 320, alk 8-9. any info would be helpful. thanks

mal

Tank sounds good, may want to raise the Ca up to 450-ish. Some corals just take a bit longer to adjust to new environments. Give it a few days and see if it perks up. May try feeding it, see if that stimulates it. I think it will open on its own pretty quick though.

k.lee

Not to be biter, but wtf is a hammerhead coral?
Please do a little resecxh first.
Which brings me to, unlesss your an expert, leave gnmipota in the ocean. You or your dealer is unscrupous, I supspect the latter. Flowerpots cant be maintained by advanced aquarists regularly.
They would have told you that,or?

nm reef

I agree that your water levels look good...except for the calcium. How long has your system been set-up? Also...what type of lighting and filtration are you using? I assume you are asking about a hammer coral...try to insure adaquate lighting and a moderate current...it may take a day or so to revive itself. Good luck with the gonipora...as mentioned they can be extremely difficult to keep long term.

ebeckels

Originally posted by K.Lee:
<strong>Not to be biter, but wtf is a hammerhead coral?
Please do a little resecxh first.
</strong><hr></blockquote>
Hammerhead coral is Hammer coral or Ridge coral or anchor coral. It is another name for the same thing.

harte

hi, I too have had trouble with hammer coral. I find that algae can creep on its base and eventually it will cause die off, but your coral is new.Maybe give it a while to settle in, then try another location in the tank. Is it near any coral that could be irritating to it? I've heard that a tank over one year old has better success rates.