Lion comfort

gmanreef

Hi guys I have a 70gal tank ( 48L x 18W x 14H ) will a Lion fish be comfortable in it ? . And also guys if the Lion is OK I may incloud an Eel and a couple tangs :) sounds beautyful but could be ugly. Please let me know what you think, if it could work and if not what would.

gmanreef

So what do you recommend with the lion and the Eel, by the way I was considering one may be two Dwarf Zebra Lion and a Snow Flake Eel.
How about clowns or damsels they are a little aggressive.
Thanks for the reply man :)

nasukan

If you put them in there with 2 dwarf lions and a snowflake they are lunch. 2 dwarfs and a snowflake will probably max out your setup. If you want something with color, maybe one of the larger dottybacks.

gmanreef

Dottybacks huh never thought of that I always saw them as small, too small for lions and eels even if they are aggressive. you said larger ones give me the name so I could check up on it. :) man that would be great if I could add 1 or more of them. Again thank for your reply.

jamos6

you could do some triggers and angels.
i have a fu-man chu lion, huma huma trigger, yellow tang, blue damsel(what was left from cycling), blue angel, coral bueaty, and a snowflake eel. They get along great?
hope this helps
james

grouperhead

jwt, he has a 70 gallon, not a 55. i think a picasso might do ok in there, or maybe another non agressive species like a blueline. i would go with a dwarf, snowflake, and a hamlet though. bo

jamos6

the fish i have get along great have never had any problems with them biting each other althought the trigger is more docile than others i have seen. there are many options to go with but i would stick with a smaller lion if i was u and buy it small because if there are larger than the other fish when introduced they will try and eat them so the smaller the better. look at fu-man-chu, dwarf, or a spotfin lion they all dont get to big.