Lion Crazz can you recommend some of the better books for reefs

robchuck

I'm not Lion Crazz, but a few of the books that have helped me tremendously are:
"The Book of Coral Propagation" - Anthony Calfo (my favorite! It's much, much more than a propagation book.)
"Aquarium Corals" - Eric Borneman
"The Reef Aquarium, Vol. 3" - J. Charles Delbeek & Julian Sprung (I just started reading it, but it contains an immense wealth of knowledge and covers a wide variety of topics at 680+ pages!)

tankslave

Thanks Rob I'll try to find them and if you like to read I've found some hard to find books on a site called ADDALL if you haven't tried them you may like them .

mrdc

Not Lion either but just wanted to chime in on my collection of books that have been the most useful for me:
The Conscientious Marine Aquarist: A Commonsense Handbook for Successful Saltwater Hobbyists -- by Robert M. Fenner
Marine Fishes: 500+ Essential-To-Know Aquarium Species --> actually I have two of these books, one for fishes and one for inverts
by Scott W. Michael
Natural Reef Aquariums: Simplified Approaches to Creating Living Saltwater Microcosms
by John H. Tullock
Aquarium Corals : Selection, Husbandry, and Natural History -- by Eric H. Borneman
Reef Invertebrates: An Essential Guide to Selection, Care and Compatibility (Paperback)
by Anthony Calfo, Robert Fenner

tankslave

Thanks mrdc I actually saw some of these titles while plundering threw ADDALL book search and wondered about a couple of these you mentioned. Appreciate the feedback, I just put Lion because she posted Barnes and Noble couldn't keep up with her and thought she probably had a lot of ideas. But between you and RobChuck these should keep me busy all the way through the weekend LOL. Just kidding, but I am going to Books A Million this weekend and pick up a couple so the timing here was great.

mrdc

Well if you can be patient, I would buy my books online. I find Books A Million too expensive

tankslave

OH...Thanks, I thought with shipping the store would be cheaper, if that's the case I'll just order now. Most said 2 day shipping so I should have Mon or Tues. Do you have a favorite book site?

anonome

I have gotten many of the books mentioned on "the big auction site". You can save a whole bunch of money, some were used but in very good condition. Shipping was very cheap- less than $5.00. Check it out.

mrdc

I get most of my books from a big retailer site. I can't post the link. Just shop around at some trusted sites and you will find it. The site I use has free shipping on orders ovetr $25. I think there are books sold on this site too.

tankslave

Thanks guys and mrdc the Fenner guy you mentioned is going to be the guest speaker soon at a local marine club I joined here. They're going to be raffling a signed book of his, I'll buy you a $2 ticket