lion fish murderer?

i had my lion fish who is still very small maybe two inches eat my inch and a half long clown fish that cost me 15.00 dollars what an expensive meal. anyone else have there lion fish eat a clownfish?

cotton0627

My 2" lion ate, well attempted to eat 4 of my ocellaris clowns. I actually saw the first one...he had it's head in his mouth and tried to swallow it for a few minutes, even when I tried to break it up, and he finally let the clown go. It survived for a few days, but then later perished.

karlas

lionfish are a predator not only will they eat other fish but crabs, shrimp, snails. i agree with keeping fish with it that get the same size or bigger so they dont become lunch

j21kickster

Before you make an addition to your tank, do a little research on the fish. Lionfish can sometimes eat a fish as large as they are. Im sure if you would have told the place you bought it from that you have a small clown they would have advised you not to get it. Good luck next time

killyah

the lion did not murderer ur fish you did :( if you did more research you would of known that anything thats fits in a lions mouth will be dinner..... oh well we live and learn.:rolleyes: