They are hard to make the switch,over to frozen
foods.But it can be done,i just put a silverside
in the current,looks alive enough to fool him
and he goes after it.Or you can use feeding
tongs to hold it and move it across the water,so
that he things it's alive.Some times they can
fool you into thinking that they are starving,
mine once went 15 day's with out food.They are
nocturnal so feeding at night works best.

coolperson

BUT WHERE CAN I GET THE TONGS TO FEAD THE LION FISH A GROCIER STORE FISH STORE ANYONE HAVE A IDEA? HE'S 4 INCHES I WOULD SAY

stacy

I ordered a feeding stick from petwarehouse. I tried to find one on SWF, but didn't see one. I also tried every pet store within 45 miles. I used the frozen krill from my LFS to get mine to eat. I tried the siversides, but these where a pain to put on the stick. Also the krill is red, and I think it bugged him enough to make him attack it. I tried silversides for a week without success. As soon as I tried the krill within a couple of minutes he was chomping it down.

ckkihei

Please follow Anthem's advice!!!! The high fat content in guppies or gold fish will cause liver disease in your lion...it only took me 1 week to wean my lion off of guppies. :)

falcon63

i feed my lion fish once every two days so they can digest the guppy if you feed him a large guppy thats about half or more his size than wait three days instead, if you have a fish thats a domino if you see him fanning the lion then get the domino out if you have seen this than the domino is sickining your loin

demosthenes

This is a suggestion that I've read tons of times in books. Take a piece rigid airline tubing. Sharpen the end, and

[hr]
a piece of fresh seafood on the end. Place it in the water and move it around like it's alive. Make sure it's fresh and that it's seafood. HTH

cotton0627

You don't necessarily need to spend money on a feeding stick or tongs. I feed mine freeze dried plankton with a simple toothpick. I also feed him frozen brine shrimp which he seems to enjoy chasing....although he much more prefers to be stick fed. He even ate the flake food that I fed to my clowns.

txstud3231

i have a beautiful 14" long red volitan. when i got him the only thing he would eat was live food. what i did was throw in a live fish and then killed the second one and threw it in. at first he swam to it and looked at it, then he got the hang of eating them. oh and forget the tongs, i made a feeding stick out of 2 paper straws and a toothpick!! works just fine. stick a live fish on the stick and hell get used to eating off of it, then you'll be able to put anything on it. TRUST ME I KNOW :) !

coolperson

I WILL BE GETTING A 8 TO 10 INCE RED VOLITAN AND THE STORE ONLY FEEDS IT LIVE GOLDFISH IS THAT WHAT I HAVE TO FEED HIM

jagnmeg99

have you read the replies to your question???!!!
There are many suggestions, and what I get out of it is no feeder fish!