lion sting

liontamer

it hurts a lot,,,just run under warm water, and ull be fine. Nothing really to worry bout...unless yer allergic. But u dont no till u find out

unleashed

if you get stung run the area under hot water not scalding just comfortably hot.this will reduce the pain somewhat .also if you are highly allergic to bee stings and are stung by a venomous fish seek medical help immediatly.

pamplona

quickly place warm compress on the site of the sting. if the swelling gets larger, benadryl 25-50mg every 4 hours can be taken to help decrease any swelling/hives. if that does not help you may need to be brought to the hospital for iv antihistamines/steroids. allergic reactions can range from hive to full blown anaphylaxis...in other be damn carefull

ssg_mm

I don't try but I know it's coming. my lion is not shy about brushing against my arm.
Liontamer is right...it's quite a rush!

txtwstr

When I first got my lion fish he stung me in my arm during clean-up. It hurt like -#$%. I called poison control because the pain and redness was moving down my arm. When they lady at poison control got done laughing. She told me to move the sting area in warm water for a while and into cold for a while. I did niether. I just took it like a man and wined for an hour to my wife. I guess it is unusual for them to hear a guy call and say I got stung by my fish.

duke jjz

This might be a stupid question, but why not just wear a long rubber glove? Will the Lion Sting go through the glove?!

sankysyuck

Yea gloves would work great. I use them with my lionfish and in my freshwater stingray tank. It doesn't hurt a whole lot when your stung. More like a strong bee sting. It's not deadly at all, just painful. If you ever do get stung, run the stung area under extremely hot water, just hot enough that it doesn't burn your skin.

duke jjz

Originally posted by SankysYuck
Yea gloves would work great. I use them with my lionfish and in my freshwater stingray tank. It doesn't hurt a whole lot when your stung. More like a strong bee sting. It's not deadly at all, just painful. If you ever do get stung, run the stung area under extremely hot water, just hot enough that it doesn't burn your skin.

So you still feel the sting even through the glove?!?! :notsure:

sankysyuck

No, I havn't been stung since I started using gloves. Use the long aquarium gloves that go up to ur arm, I like them especially because i hape deep show tanks.

guineawhop

Originally posted by Liontamer
I try to get stung by my lions...it feels great sumtimes...a rush, like euphoric almost

haha that's crazy. you really want to get stung by ur fish. i heard its almost as bad as being kicked in the twig and berries man.

unleashed

Originally posted by guineawhop
haha that's crazy. you really want to get stung by ur fish. i heard its almost as bad as being kicked in the twig and berries man.

ok i bet ya if you got stung by your fish and someone kicked you in your so you say twig and berrys i bet youll forget all all bout that sting for a while :hilarious