Lionfish in a 20 gal?!?

thefishpimp

I have a 20 gal tank that has many types of fish that have been doing great for the last 2 years including (pacific sailfin tang, coral beauty mangerin goby and 3 percula clowns) along with 12lbs of LR... most say this is impossible to keep up with but its been goin great, i was wonderin if i could house a lionfish in it by itself?

joe5_15

no not even a dwarf by itself, and ur tank is way to little for the tang tang are even to small really for a 55g and yours is in a 20 with a coral beauty u need to upgrade your tank just think how crowded they must feel not havin ne space u need to up grade and fast and i just now seen ur 3 percula clowns u need to upgrade to atleast a 55 and FAST

fshhub

ZOWIE!!!!!!
How'd you do that? the only thing you should be able to house is maybe the 3 perc.s
i'd love to see this tank, do you have pics?
IMO
definitely do not add the lion, youa are already well overstocked, i would seriuosly consider a large tank, 100+, myself

perry_pisani

THATS NUTS!
im really surprised ur tang hasnt gotten hole in the head or hlle. if not its coming soon. that tank is way too small. i would only kep the 3 percs at the most.
Mr.Marine

thefishpimp

Thx everyone for yer options... i know its overcrowded horribly, i like the challenge of keepin that many in such a small tank. Looks like ill upgrade to get that lion then )

von_rahvin

the challange?? you are just stressing your fish out. A tank that size is too small for what you have it it. Tangs are open water fish. They need plenty of room to swim around. I would not put tangs in anything less than a 55, and only a small tang in one of those.

fshhub

i agree, the challenge??
i know i would not want to live in a 10 by 10 room with 6 (some larger and others hyper)other people, very little furniture and never ever be able to leave, even for fresh air
(sorry, but that is about how it is) not very comfortable, highly stressing and unhealthy
yet still again, any pics? i am curious to see how this could be

thor

Originally posted by Thefishpimp:
<STRONG>Thx everyone for yer options... i know its overcrowded horribly, i like the challenge of keepin that many in such a small tank. Looks like ill upgrade to get that lion then )</STRONG>
thats not a challenge! there is no way that size tank can hold a tang by itself and i wouldnt put the coral beutie in there either your fish are not doing great at all the are probably real stressed out and suffering
sorry if i was rude but you really should not do that to those fish

sharks

The fish are doing wonderful... thats the thing about it... the tang and angel take food out of my hand! None of the fish have came up with any diseases eiether

jimi

Fishpimp or sharks or whoever you are. If you have the years experience you say you would not even try what you claim to be successful at for that matter tell anyone. A mandarin with 12lbs of live rock in a 20 gal for years with other fish, Please! I also noticed you seem to rave about CYCLE in your other post, which may or may not be a decent product, but only decent at best and junk in my opinion. Bottom line is what you do is your business but some new comers may read your post and think it is possible or ok which it is not. I smell a saleman.