Lionfish losing color?

cjennings1

Well I came home from work today and noticed that my Fuzzy Dwarf Lion who used to be a nice deep reddish brown is now looking kind of washed out. His face has gotten whiter and his body and fins are looking lighter too. Can anyone help me with this?
He is probably 3 inches long and he just ate a blue/green chromis that was probably just under an inch long, last night. Could that have something to do with it? He is still swimming around and seems to be fine otherwise, just moving a little slower. Is he having trouble digesting?
All my levels are good
ph - 8.0
Nitrite - under .3
Salinity - 1.021
Ammonia - 0
Anyone have any ideas or should I just not freak out and let him digest his big meal?
Thanks

snakeblitz33

You should watch him for the next couple of days, if this is a recent event, something else may be wrong.
If it has happened over a period of time, it might be because of a lack of essential vitamins and minerals in his diet.

cjennings1

i will watch him. this happened in like literally the last 8 hours, since he ate that fish. hoping he will just digest and turn back to normal?

lions_den

my lionfish get lighter when they are swimming around and then get darker when they are sitting on the rocks and stuff

R

rcreations

If the discoloration lasts longer than a few hours, then it's probably diet related. What do you normally feed it?