Lionfish with fishing line in his mouth

fishieness

The line will not disintigrate in his stomach. I am assuming it is monofilitment because that is the cheapest and most popular kind. But its probably pretty bad line since it is not actualy ment for fishing, so it could.
Holmer, what kind of line do you use? lol. Thats not a good sign. Old line maybe?

holmer

lol...hmmm i dont know i was always told that it did, stren i think....sorry if i gave bad advise.....i hope it works out...

fishieness

lol no, i wasnt scolding you, i was jsut curious if it will deteriorate that quickly. Stren shouldnt do that for a realy long time though probably a year at least in his stomach, maybe theres some other factor in there. LIke your rod, reel, or how old the line is.....and now im just rambling on for no aparent reason because fishing season starts in 15 DAYS!!!! yeah!! i just need something to talk about... sorry for getting off topic.
anyways, sorry again, like i said, i just want an excuse to talk about fishing.

alextrif

he finally passed it through the other end today. It took about 36 hours to pass it. It was about 2 inches long. I think he's PO'd.

fishieness

holmer... woops!! if its 2 inches i guess it did dissolve some. sorry! didnt think that this fishing line wasnt actualy made to be strong and to go fishing!
lol
my apoligies for inacuratly correctiong you

puddinpop

i would call and tell who ever makes that stuff what happened maybe the line in made to disove in case of such a problem they should have thought of that before they marketed it

cubfan

Great to hear your lion is OK. I think he deserves a few ghost shrimp as a treat. He's had a rough week!!!

alextrif

kinda funny - it is sort of like he learned a lesson too. Ever since, he takes frozen food with no problem - krill, clams, mysis - no problems.