Lionfish.

What can you tell me about them?
I am thinking of getting one and setting up a fish only tank.
The tank is a 45 gallon tall with the tetractic 550 power filter and heater and a fluval 204.
Currently it is set up with tropical fresh water.
I am think of getting sand about four inches with lr strew across the bottom.
The lionfish in mind is the clearfin lionfish.
If I can find one.
Also what fish can live alongside the lionfish.
Adam :)

Really! A book I have says that it needs a 30 gallon tank.
I was thinking and a larger tank has crossed my mind, but one thing standing in my way...
Mother!!!
Adam
[ November 03, 2001: Message edited by: Salisbury A D ]

Come on too many tanks,
Are you with me or her.
There are only two in my bedroom
one in the living room
and one in the kitchen.
If it was up to me I get one for every room and more.
Adam

y2says

I have a volitan in my 75g f/o tank. It's doing fine but I know that I will have to upgrade to a larger one soon. I would get a small dwarf for your tank and make sure everything else wont fit his mouth. You should be ok for awhile until he gets bigger.

Hi Adam, Ive got a Antennata in my 46 gal and all I can say is they dont stay Dwarf for long. They do not get as large as the Volitan but 7-8 inches gets pretty big in a small tank. If you plan on getting larger tank down the road find one as small as you can and if your LFS will let you put a Down payment on it and dont pick it up until it's eating frozen foods.
Goodluck

predator

I have a red volitan and I can tell you they get big.I to would recommend a dwarf in that paticular tank but even then after a while you really should get a bigger tank. And as far as tank mates go use caution!!! My'n will eat anything that will fit in it's big mouth, Trust me I found out the hard way.