list of what i would need?

gsanchez29

Ever since my 1 1/2 year old seen NEMO, shes been crazy about the fish. Id like to get her a Percula Clown and would like to know what I would need?
like what size tank, food, etc. Im a newbie to fishes so would love all the info I can get. tks.

salt phish

If you will give a budget ... this would be helpful.... Not to discourage you from this hobby but you have to shell out a few bucks to get started.... I would sugest doing a surch on this sight... this will give you alot of answers that would take me years to type....good luck!! Just don't get discouraged while reading some of the posts.... the more simple you keep it the more sucsess you will have... there is no MAGIC code book to saltwater , once again good luck.

gsanchez29

yea ive been looking around...seen some good help here....there really is no budget. dont mind spending the money.

E

exile415

Is it just going to be 1 perc clown ? If it's just going to be 1 perc. you can get a 12gal nanocube, it costs around $180. It comes with - 2x24 watt pc, and in the back has 3 compartment filtration. I think it's 3, I don't have it but i heard it was good for begginers. the light is good enough for a little reef and your perc will be happy. also, it would be good to have a little powerhead. Food Food Food, It's good to have a well balanced nutrition for your fish. You can feed Formula 1 which my clownfish LOVE. I feed mine - mysis shrimp,brine shrimp,krill, formula 1 all soaked in Zoecon. It will raise your fishes immune system. you can also use minced garlic. also if you plan on getting a 12 gallon. I've always followed 1lb per gallon of Live Rock. It gives your fish a hiding space and it's part of your filtration. Goood Luck

dude get a regular 10 gallon tank= $8
hood with regular light=$20
some live rock like 10 lbs $6 a lb =$60
power filter (i like wisper or penguin)=$25
heater=$10
10 lbs sand =$6
tank bred ocelaris clown(nemo)=$20
so for less than that silly 12 gallon nano cube ya get it all
also get the book clown fishes by joyce wilkerson it will teach you all ya need to know about clowns, it will facinate
make sure you cycle your tank BEFORE adding the little nemo

tank4sale

hello..i am selling my 55gal oak tank with stand, pc lighting built into the hood,heater, skimmer, fluval canister filter, powerheads, chemicals,rocks, iso tank with heater, filter, meds and air stone, a yellow tang, two clownfish, shrimp,snails, crabs, crushed coral and more im sure i forgot to list.. its a good cheap way to start up a tank without running to the store and having to go through cycling, im asking $900 for everything for $1000 is into the tank.. if interested post or email smfunkychicken@sbcglobal.net