little critters?

mlwoods007

my tank is newly set up (done cycling and saving up $ for fish and a small CCrew) and i have a decent amount of little centeppede lookin bugs runnin around on my live rock. They're grey and about 1-2cm long. What are they, are they harmful, and if they are, what will eat them (crabs?)

murph145

they just feed on left overs or waste produced by the fish....
i wouldnt worry with trying to keep them alive they will be fine

mlwoods007

my tank is set up as the headboard of my bed. i have just recently hooked up a proclean 150gal capable wet dry with built in p.skimmer which is underneath in my oak stand. i can deal with the slight waterfall trickle coming from the overflow and the tiny hum of the pumps working, but for some reason the tube that is connected to the overflow which feeds the sump makes an awful gagling sound. The first time i had everything running i don't think it was too bad, but after i cut off the power to make adjustment and then turned it back on, it started making this damb noise. I tried adding water to the tube to maybe flush out an airpocket, but that did no good. I also fitted a top to the overflow which helped damper the noise some, (not too bad during the day), but it's quite noticable when im trying to get some shuteye. Is there anyway to correct this by possibly adjusting something or do I have no choice but to just get used to it?
Thanks- Mike

jmonetweb

my tank is set up as the headboard of my bed
i would try to be very careful with using the bed as a ....."trampoline" . :hilarious