Little disappointed

mbowker

I just installed new 250 XM Mogul base halides , they look yellow, is this the normal color or does it take time to crisp up, it looks like an incandescant bulb color on the rocks!!!

ct_vol

Well, a lot depends on the Kelvin rating for your bulbs... If you bought 6500K Bulbs, then they're going to burn more yellow... If you bought 10,000K they'll be a bit more blue, 15,000 even more so, and 20,000K being the bluest... Also, they do take some time to heat up and burn their true color... Give them a couple days to burn... Hope this helps...

mbowker

10,000 k , ive had this K before, hope they burn in , because the XM i thought was like the best bulb to buy, for the money it should be

ct_vol

Ushio's are about the best you can buy... :) Though XM's are a quality bulb... But I prefer DE bulbs to moguls...

bang guy

Originally Posted by MBowker
10,000 k , ive had this K before, hope they burn in , because the XM i thought was like the best bulb to buy, for the money it should be
Give it a couple weeks

fishygrl

I have to actinic blue VHOs running with my metal halides and it really balances it out and gives the water a nice color... a little most natural looking.

seannmelly

If they are 10,000k they should be pretty white if they are brand new. When was the last time you did a water change because that can an affect, and do you run carbon b/c that can help also. Brand new 10,000k bulbs should be WHITE.

mbowker

l just needed to know about a burn in period for XM bulbs, its nothing more than the bulb. I have changed bulbs for years just never used XM brand