Little Giant Pumps

jt41484

Anyone have recommendations on using the little giant pumps for a return on the sumps. One of my tanks is 125 gallon with a 29 gallon sump the other tank is a 55 gallon and a 29 gallon sump that may be upgraded to a 55 gallon gallon and a 75 gallon sump. Im also loooking for a idea on what i should use for models to be used

mkzimms

i don't know about models or applications... but my father has been running the same little giant on his 110 high for around 10-12 years now. its been running non-stop no issues. its fairly remarkable and i would say thats pretty good quality.

skystreaker1a

I've had mine going on two years now and its still running great. The motor has bushings so proper oiling is essential. Just follow instruction. A bushed motor can outlast a ball bearing motor by 25 to 30 years. Speaking from experience. On major mistake people do on bushed motors is over oiling.

ifirefight

Originally Posted by jt41484
http:///forum/post/2831179
Anyone have recommendations on using the little giant pumps for a return on the sumps. One of my tanks is 125 gallon with a 29 gallon sump
I have a 130 with a 45 gallon sump. I use a Little Giant 4 MDQX-SC for the return at about 5 ft of head. No problems at all, and a very quiet pump..although I have heard people say they are noisy pumps.