Little green beads!?!?

I was in my LFS today looking at some LR,corals,etc. and I noticed little green bead things. They were all over some of the LR I think that were hollow what are they and are they OK :confused: They don't sell live sand only CC or Caribsea oolite(@$35)
so I was looking to see if they had any thing live stuff on the substrate so that i can try to seed a DSB for my new tank.Can any one help??
=

mark-24

Those little green balls, are bubble algea, and it can take over a reef tank. They can get to be pretty good sized almost the size of grapes. Emerald crabs will eat the bubble algea, or you could just remove it by hand, but don't pop it, it will only spread more.
-Mark

set-man

It is hard to tell from your description but i think you are describing what I call bubble caulerpa. I am not sure of the official name.

fishgills

Its a type of algae thats not very good for tanks, if you pop those little green balls you release many many spores in the tank, its called (Valonea), sorry bout the spelling. :eek:

Ok Thanks for the help I take --- that I don't want to get any to put in my tank I was hoping that it was a good thing
Thank you all :p

fishgills

Its a type of algae thats not very good for tanks, if you pop those little green balls you release many many spores in the tank, its called (Valonea), sorry bout the spelling. :eek: