little hippo

corky

I bought one of the smallest hippos I've ever seen yesterday. About the size of a dime. I just have to make sure no one mistakes him for flake food. :D

aquarius

Wow thats pretty small! I usually see them around the size of a quarter around here but never that small. As long as you don't have very agressive tank mates, he should be fine. Good Luck!

seatank

hi corky that is small jus be very carefull of stress on the little fellow and beware of the nasty ick monster. hippos are verry prone to ick. i lost 2 to ick :( .

corky

I paid $20. A little bigger and they go for about $40 around here.
[ August 02, 2001: Message edited by: corky ]

good catch with the hippo, i also got lucky, mines still small, but i had him for about 4 months now, and its never gotten sick, i just never make any drastic changes, and everything i do is gradual over time, dosent seem to bother him , im not sainy i cant get ick, but my cleaner shimp will help just incase it pops its lil head out of the woodworks

aquaman2

what other fish do you have in with it? Mine is about three inches and it got attaked by my kole tang but now the hippo is in a net breeder. I saw the kole do it, he just swam up to the hippo and bit down on his belly and shook him around. This was a week ago and he now doing fine. :eek: