little necks

dazed2040

anyone ever keep little necks in their tank? I bought a few today to feed my copper banded and figured I put the rest in sump, well when I got home after work they had all moved around and some were buried in the sand bed..kinda cool! will they be ok in the sump or should I put them in the tank itself?

nitrate spike

They were active little boogers. They were half buried in the sand when I went to bed the first night then when I got up in the morning they had circled the entire tank. Every morning there would be new trails in the sand like they were gophers in the yard.
I got worried about them knocking down my LR so when I got a sump I moved them down there. They've been in there for around 3 months now, living under a cloud of chaeto. They don't move all much now, so I think they may like it better.
FYI, you'll know if one dies. They come to the surface of your substrate and fully open.

I feel dumb now ha, ha. I've never heard of them being called that. See, you learn something new everyday on this forum.

karavak

I wanted to experiment with the supermarket cleaner clams after reading about them so I picked up a 6 pack. 3 of them were alive and kicking and have been in my tank for 4 months now. Some times you can see where they have been moving around but most the time they just stay in the same area and don't move much.

dazed2040

Originally Posted by karavak
http:///forum/post/2912005
I wanted to experiment with the supermarket cleaner clams after reading about them so I picked up a 6 pack. 3 of them were alive and kicking and have been in my tank for 4 months now. Some times you can see where they have been moving around but most the time they just stay in the same area and don't move much.
That is where I got mine. I picked up 10 for 4.50 and all are still alive.

caz2022

how do you acclimate them? I tried putting them in a container of tank water until they "burp" and then ransfering them but they always die after a few days. Should they be drip acclimated instead?