Little problem...maybe big prob

stevedave08

Ok, so I started my tank yesterday. It's a 75. I put in 40lbs of live sand, 22lbs live rock ( I'll add to that as time goes on), and 62 gallons of premixed saltwater from my LFS plus 3 gallons of RO. Everything is working fine so far. I noticed when I was filling the tank that the water was not level on both sides of the tank. I had checked the stand with a level prior to putting everything in it was perfectly level, so it wasn't the stand. I put the level on my floor and apparently my floor in tyat area is not level. It's off by 2.8 degrees! I am probably going to wedge something under that side of the tank to even it out, but I'm pretty sure I won't be able to lift anything without taking out most of the water.

elite

i say just leave it it wont effect anything
my basement floorr is not even as well but everythign been fine for a year now....

stevedave08

Thanks for the feedback guys, I was getting worried. The water is like half an inch higher on one said than the other. I just wanted to see if anyone else had any issues like this cause I didn't wanna get home one day and have 75 gallons of saltwater soaked into my wood floor...LOL. ::knock on wood::

adee

lol!!! i was thinking about posting this same thing. my tank (37gallons) is about a half inch off leaning to the left. I have just left it be, too late to really mess with it now. As long as it stays full to bottom of the black rim (below the actual tank surface) you cant tell