Little white creatures???

acez28

Could anyone post a pic of phytoplankton? I have been searching but havent found a decent one yet. I have these littel white creatures that are all over now since i have moved all my fish into QT. But at the same time i have been putting live phytoplankton into the tank but i cant see anything living in the phytoplankton container. It just looks like green water or something. But these little white things are all over the place....they just sit on the glass and eat the algae and diatoms thats on the glass i guess. When i use my mag float to clean the glass they scatter and then as soon as it comes down they are all over the glass again. Anyone have any idea on what they could be?

katara

They are pods and will go through bursts and then seem to disappear.They also make great fish food & come from your lr.

acez28

so do you know what the phytoplankton is or are they so small that you cant see them with the nakkid eye

bang guy

Phytoplankton strains normally used are microscopic. The only check is how green the water is.
The bugs are probably Copepods... they eat Phytoplankton among other foods... a good thing.

acez28

cool well i just hope they dont get out of hand by next weekend. Thats when my fish are going back into the main display tank. Its been a long 2.5 weeks.