live copepods

chadman

thanks i saw a bunch of copepods floating in the water after i took the rock and cheato out...so i dumped all the water in too....have you seen those horseshoe crabs since you put them in your tank?

larryndana

Originally Posted by jfingers088
sorry guys not trying to mess things up on this thread but i wanted a mandarin i have a 90 FOWLR could i put some cheato in my sump to keep reproducing pods or will that mess something up?
it should work.
live rock rubble does the same, they just need a safe haven to live and reproduce. lr rubble and cheato are two ways that this can happen.

chadman

well then hopefully the combo will make some major pods...we also ordered some live pods so when they come tuesday i will dump them right into the chaeto and some will stick in there i figure and some will head out into the tank

T

tiberius

Originally Posted by vicegrip
Yep that's where I saw it, great idea.

I went and bought the shallow one for frags, works great.
I never thought about using it for frags!!! I have been hanging a container in the tank the first couple of months I started fragging shrooms. Now, I have a small ziploc container that I drilled holes into and that sits on the gravel bed. It just took the tang awhile to get used to that. I am one of those that have the chaeto in that soap dish. But, I could always buy another!! Thanks for the idea!!! :cheer:

bellanavis

Yeah, the horeshoe crabs keep comming to the surface of the sand and then going back under, when they try to swim, its funny to watch, but at the same time, I feel kinda bad, they look so helpless trying to swim. Hey, sorry my son tormented your girlfriends son, lol. Hes not usted to other kids. And thanks for picking upo the crabs for me.

peckhead

Originally Posted by peckhead
how are the pods alive? at the lfs tiger pods come in a little container..they can live in that? ???
f