Live Journal? MySpace?

mimzy

Anyone with a blog out there?
Mimzywhimzy is my user name on MySpace and LiveJournal.
My LJ is for friends only, so just drop me a line. But my MySpace is public!

snailheave

i have a myspace account only coz someone asked me to view their blog.
i posted some weird comments on others' blogs and confused the crap out of them

mimzy

well, Live Journal is an online journal. It's free and open source (meaning the code/construction are public), and very simple to use.
MySpace is also an online journal, but it's more focused on connecting you with other people to chat with.
Blogs (online journals) are an EXCELLENT way to keep in touch with people you don't see very often and strictly online friends.
You know those friends of urs in Blah-country whom you haven't seen in years and often wonder about? Well, if they had blogs, and you had a blog, everyone would be all up to date with what was going on in everyone's life and there wouldn't be one penny spent on akward long-distance phone calls.
Blogs can be as personal or as non-challant as you'd like them to be. I've got friends with more than one blog too - one for info on their tanks, one for info on their lives, and one for political discussions. I tend to lump everything all into one journal, but you can configure it any way you'd like.
Check out MySpace, Friendster, LiveJournal, Xanga, Facebook.... there are hundreds of them, all unique, each with their own 'crowd' and set of kewl bells and whistles.
I think EVERYONE should blog! :cheer:

mimzy

Hhhm... Snail, try just Mimzy, then.
...yah... I just tried it. Do a search for "Display name; Mimzy" I'm the 4th one down

lovethesea

ohh.....I am not the brightest bulb in the box when it comes to that kinda stuff.
Seems if anyone can look, one would want to be careful what they put.

mimzy

well, that's where the bells and whistles come in. On Live Journal, for instance, you can restrict the privacy level of each and every entry you make into your blog. You can post one for ALL to see, one for only your family to see, and one for only certain friends....etc. You can also make entries that are COMPLETELY private that only YOU may view.

snailheave

why would you want to limit who can view your blog? isn't the idea to share with others yours thoughts?
and all bloggers are exhibitionists anyway

mimzy

mfy kittn is sfitting pon my fngrs as i type. i amg ungable 2 pioust a witty retply -2 thios timer.