Live Journal? MySpace?

snailheave

what's scarier? blogging knowing some who read it are perverts or blogging knowing nobody ever reads it????

darth tang

I never understood the need people have to write about their daily lives on the internet. It just seems to invite trouble....IE. Stalkers, perverts, molesters, and rapists. Basically the only group of people that could find it interesting.
What did you people do before the internet?

molamola

We have a family blog site, so we can keep eachother updated on what's going on without having to call and chitchat...something that none of us enjoy very much.
My other one is for creative writing, and my friends on the writer's forum.

mimzy

Darth, dear, a lot of the people who have blogs and live journals and such were not around when there 'was no internet.'

darth tang

Originally Posted by Mimzy
Darth, dear, a lot of the people who have blogs and live journals and such were not around when there 'was no internet.'

Sometimes I forget that....I wonder if they know what a pencil is?
But seriously...I read all the time about children and adults being attacked by someone that found their blog site on the internet. There was a study done among child molesters and rapists....did you know that the majority of them use the internet to when looking for their next victim?
I have read a couple of these blog sites before...found it boring. Here is an example.
"Today I woke up, had oatmeal for breakfast. I let out the dogs. Went to work. Work sucked as usual. I hate suzy, she is so cruel and couldn't manage a department of corpses. Went home. Watched another lame reality TV show...God I hate American Idol. Let the dogs in and fed them. Now I am going to bed."
People

[hr]
about reality TV, yet there are millions of Reality books on the internet with these blog sites. And vcery few are even remotely entertaining. I just don't get the whole thing I guess.

mimzy

Bump-diggity.
If there is not ONE other person with an LJ on this whoooooole site full of geeks, I'll change my name to Danny and eat catfood for a week.